Discussion of specific projects
- Posts: 282
- Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:27 am
These are things which don't have their own project thread already
- * Waxed linen for covering food, pots, etc.
* Purchase glassware – roman glass makers in the UK?
* Frying skillet
*No-dig cooking fire setup - Richard made us a fire box in early 2012.
- * Remake shade fly / shop stall - New shade fly built, though still needs a few hems finished
* Minting coins (pewter or silver) – need die sets from the UK and pewter blanks from Melbourne.
- * Addition of pole arms to our arms/armour display
* Armour and weapon racks for display. Ideally design legal in Victoria. Added to display in time for event season 2012 (inc. 2 weapon racks for on the field, and one for display)
* Make up a display board ‘from sheep to garment’, also linen and silk
* Explore printing recipes to complement our food & dining display.
- Posts: 365
- Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:14 am
Reviving this thread, as there are a few old outstanding items, a few new items to add, and a whole lot that we've achieved since this thread began (and was promptly forgotten). I've struck off the finished items from the original list, and here's my additions:
* More waxed linen covers. The few we have are awesome.
* More vessels for liquids (two at least for cooking oil & detergent)
* Sheathes to go with group knives that Richard has been making
* Chest/boxes/baskets for kitchen storage
* Trivets (to go with firebox)
* Better buckets. Our pine buckets are ok but oak buckets with thinner walls would be awesome.
* Forged tent pegs for newest shade fly